Welcome to the Chen Lab at the Marsico Lung Institute
MUC5B-dominated mucus accumulation in chronic phase COVID-19 alveolar spaces, courtesy of Takanori Asakura, M.D., Ph.D.
The Chen lab is committed to studying muco-obstructive pulmonary diseases using state-of-the-art technology in a variety of animal models as well as primary human tissues and cells. We are dedicated to performing translational research and the development of therapeutic options that aim to help adults and children with chronic pulmonary diseases worldwide.
Research interests of our lab:
- Stem cells in the lung.
- Epithelial ER stress and idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis (IPF).
- Pulmonary disorder in Job’s syndrome.
- IL1β-mediated inflammation in cystic fibrosis lung.
- STAT3-regulated mucociliary clearance.
- In vitro lung cell culture models.
1109F and 7229J Marsico Hall
Campus Box 7248
125 Mason Farm Road
Chapel Hill, NC 27599-7248
Phone Number: (919) 966-7949.